Sitting in Zurich airport for a few Fridays in a row waiting for my flight I used to go to a bar and order a glass a champagne and Balik salmon-avocado tatar.
I was there again a few months ago and they no longer made the dish. I felt devastated so I decided to make my own.
Here is mine:
- Half an avocado
- 100 g of lightly smoked salmon filet (Balik or the cheaper variations)
- 2 tea spoons of lime juice
- Sea dalt
- A pinch of Wasabi
- A few slices of radishes and cucumber for garnish
- A bit of finely chopped dill for garnish
How To Make It:
- Use a sharp knife to chop the salmon in small strips.
- Add half of the lemon juice and some salt to the fish.
- Chop the avocado into small chunks.
- Add in the rest of lemon and season with sea salt and wasabi.
- Work the avocado until soft but still a bit lumpy. Taste and adjust.
- Slice the radishes and cucumber.
- Put the salmon into a food presentation ring and press a little. Add the avocado on the top and press a little until it has the shape.
- Decorate the dish with cucumber, radish, and dill.
- Serve the food as starter with a glass of champagne and enjoy your meal.