I really do like this dish. It cooks in less than 20 minutes, it is hearty, and it is healthy, specially if you remove the sausages. It is extremely delicious as a vegetarian dish.
It is also easy to make coz basically you just use whatever vegetables you have available.
I made this dish first about 3 years ago where I was on a build up for a run. The vegetarian version is perhaps the best food you can have while on an athletic mission.
- red pepper
- 3 tablespoon of tomato juice (I grate mine fresh since I hate the taste of tomato juice from package)
- 2 whole dried chill
- spicy Italian sausages (I prefer fennel sausage)
- 100-150 grams of dried penne (serving 2 people)
How to Make It:
- Bring some water to boil with salt.
- Chop the vegetable.
- Heat 3 tablespoon of olive oil on medium high in a wok
- Throw in the ingredients together from hard to soft (carrot first for 3 minutes, then broccoli, aubergine , fennel, and sausages, then pepper and zucchini after 3 minutes)
- after 8 minutes add penne is ready and toss it in with the rest of the food along with salt and pepper.
- Three minutes later add the tomato juice and serve within a minute.
- Enjoy your meal.