I usually leave cocktail-making and -creating to Cyrus, but every now and then, I am feeling inventive. It was a beautiful hot and rather humid summer day, and my inclination went into the direction of something somewhat tropical and fresh-tasting, but not too sweet. This is the outcome.
Ingredients (per cocktail):
- 2 cl guava juice
- 2 cl lime juice
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- 2 cl white rum (e.g. Havana Club Añejo Blanco)
- 1 cl triple sec (e.g. Cointreau)
- For decoration: a slice of nectarine or peach
- Fill crushed ice into a cocktail shaker, then add the ingredients. Shake till ice-cold and frothy.
- Pour into a cocktail glass (martini glass). I recommend putting the moist glass into the freezer for approx. 10 minutes before serving the drinks.
- Decorate the glass with a slice of nectarine or peach. Enjoy!