Although many things may not be as usual in this year, the season is not letting us down in terms of blessing us with beautiful and aromatic berries just like any other year. With a birthday in my household, this is what I made out of it: An easy no-bake cheesecake and a very delicious berry compote (special thanks to Mr. Gordon Ramsey for this!).
Although easy to make, it will take a bit of time to get it all done (plan around 45 minutes to 1 hour). Start in the morning, and after resting in the fridge for a few hours, the cake and dessert will be ready to serve in the afternoon or evening. – Enjoy!
Ingredients (for a small ⌀ 18 cm cake pan):
For the cheesecake:
- 60-70 grams of granola bars or biscuits
- 2 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 15-20 grams of butter + 1 teaspoon for greasing the cake pan
- 6 sheets of gelatin
- 360 grams of cream cheese
- 40 grams of icing sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- squeeze of lemon
- 200 grams of liquid (whipping) cream, cold
- 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
For the compote:
- 100 grams of fresh strawberries, washed, stems removed, halved or quartered
- 100 grams of blueberries, washed
- 2 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 1 shot of Crème de cassis
- 3-5 strawberries, washed, stems removed and gently patted dry with a kitchen towel or a couple (6-10) of blueberries, washed an d gently patted dry
- a few fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon of granola crumbs
Preparing the cheesecake:
- Butter a small (⌀ 18 cm) round cake pan.
- Blitz the granola bars / biscuits until you obtain fine crumbs. Set aside 1 tablespoon for decoration. Mix the rest of the crumbs with the sugar.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick pan. Add the crumbs and toss well. If the crumbs seem too dry and do not stick well together, add a bit more butter.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan and smooth down with the back side of a tablespoon. Place in the fridge.
- Soak the gelatin in cold water (according to instruction).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and the icing sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Cut the vanilla pod in half and remove the seeds with the back side of a knife. Add the seeds to the cream cheese. Add a squeeze of lemon and mix until smooth. Taste and add more icing sugar depending on how sweet you like your cake.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream and the caster sugar until the cream forms stiff peaks. Place in the fridge until used.
- Take the gelatin out of the water and gently wring to remove excess water. Warm up over a water bath until liquid.
- Add the gelatin to the cream cheese. Beat vigorously while you do so.
- Fold in the cream and gently mix until you obtain a homogenous mixture.
- Immediately pour into the cake pan over the granola crust. Smooth the surface and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
Preparing the compote:
- Heat up a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the sugar and let lightly caramelize, then add the berries and toss well for around 1 minute so the berries become nicely coated with the sugar.
- Deglaze with the Crème de cassis, toss for another 20 seconds over the heat, then remove from the heat. Pour into another dish and place in the fridge for around 4 to 6 hours.
- Sprinkle the cheesecake with the remaining granola crumbs and decorate with strawberry halves or blueberries and some mint leaves.
- Serve with berry compote on the side.
Ein Gedanke zu “No-bake Cheesecake with Berry Compote”
Wow that looks terrific! so tempting – seems like the time taken to make this was all worth it!