This super fresh-tasting salad features a plentitude of crisp ingredients and aromatic herbs. It’s secret star are the intensely colored scarlet runner beans from Greece. Sugar snap peas, peppers, celery and fresh cucumber add a lot of „bite“.
The salad tastes best when the ingredients are very fresh and it’s served right away.
- 200 grams of scarlet runner beans, soaked overnight
- 100 grams of chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 200 grams of sugar snap peas
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut into slices
- 1/2 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 Belgian endive, sliced
- 4 small tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 3 teaspoons of capers, roughly chopped
- 100 grams of Kalamata olives, stoned
- 200 grams of Kefalotiri, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 bunch of fresh parsley
- 1/2 bunch of fresh basil
- 4 to 5 branches of fresh mint
- 5 branches of fresh tarragon
- juice of 1 lemon
- ca. 100 ml of Greek olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of Dijon honey mustard
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of maple syrup
- freshly ground mountain pepper
- sea salt
- Rinse the soaked runner beans and chickpeas in cold water. Place in a pot, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Let simmer until al dente for approximately 25 minutes.
- Strain and rinse with cold water until completely cooled down. Let well drip off and pat dry.
- Wash all the the vegetables and pat dry.
- Cut off tips and any greens, discard. Cut the stalks into slices.
- Cut the half cucumber lengthwise and remove the seeds with the help of a teaspoon. Cut into slices.
- Remove the membrane and seeds from the peppers. Cut into strips.
- Cut the Belgian endive into slices. Wash and dry.
- Wash and dry the tomatoes, then cut into quarter.
- Rinse the capers in cold water and pat dry. Chop roughly.
- Cut the Kefalotiri into bite-sized pieces.
- Wash and dry the herbs. Pick the leaves of the stems. Finely chop the leaves (does not need to be too fine).
- Prepare a vinaigrette from the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, olive oil, sea salt and pepper.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the vinaigrette over it and add the herbs. Mix gently.
- Serve very fresh.