I somehow often end up with leftover carrots in my kitchen so I came up with this dish to prevent them from gradually shriveling in my fridge before facing the inevitable. And it actually turned out to end up as one of those dishes I honestly cannot have too often. It makes up for a lovely tapas dish, goes well with all kinds of different tapas, cheese and cold cuts.
Ingredients (approx. 4 tapas portions):
- 2 large carrots
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons of sherry vinegar
- 1/4 of a garlic clove, very finely chopped or ground in a mortar
- tip of a knife of Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of fleur de sel
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh oregano
- Peel the carrots and cut of the tips.
- Blanche whole in boiling water for 3 minutes. Rinse in cold water an let cool down.
- Make a marinade from the remaining ingredients (excluding the oregano).
- Cut the carrots into thin slices.
- Mix well with the marinade and the chopped oregano. Leave in the fridge overnight.
- Enjoy at room temparature.